Island Studies Journal (ISJ) is a scholarly journal dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of our ‘world of islands'. ISJ encourages cross-disciplinarity for the sake of providing more comprehensive and holistic assessments of the conditions and issues impacting on islands and island life. Its institutional home is the Institute of Island Studies at the University of Prince Edward Island, Canada. All articles published in ISJ are rigorously peer-reviewed.
Island Studies Journal (ISJ) is committed to the principles of open access (OA), as outlined in the IFLA Statement on Open Access to Scholarly Literature and Research Documentation. Open Access benefits researchers and learners by equalizing access to research information and facilitating scholarly communication.
Executive Editor - Adam Grydehøj.
ISJ is indexed in Scopus and the Web of Science (Social Sciences Citation Index, Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition, and Current Contents Connect/ Social and Behavioural Sciences).
ISJ is a proud member of the Directory of Open Access Journals
ISJ is the official journal of the International Small Islands Studies Association (ISISA) (since 2012) and of RETI: The Network of Island Universities (since 2013).
Special thematic section calls for papers:
- Island Economics and Development, ISJ 14(1), May 2019. Guest Thematic Section Editors: Adam Grydehøj & Javier L. Arnaut
- Climate Change beyond SIDS, ISJ 14(1), May 2019. Guest Thematic Section Editors: Jan Petzold & Beate Ratter
- Approaches to Island Spatial Planning, ISJ 14(2), November 2019. Guest Thematic Section Editor: Artur Gil
- Island Textiles and Clothing, ISJ 13(2), November 2018. Guest Thematic Section Editor: Siún Carden
Guidelines for Authors
- Submission Instructions and Style Guidelines for Authors
- Acceptance Policy and Publication Ethics
- Instructions for authors of book reviews
SUBMIT your manuscript to be considered for publication in ISJ by sending a .docx file to: email@example.com. Make sure the manuscript consists in original work and conforms with the journal's submission instructions and style guidelines.
- ISJ Editorial Board (Term: 01 January 2017 - 31 December 2020)
- Contact the Executive Editor
- ISJ Institutional Home
- Subscribe to the Island Studies Journal Mailing List - exchange ideas and suggestions with other ISJ readers and be informed of any e-mail releases pertaining to the Journal - by following this link here. (Subscription is free.)
ISJ publishes less than 40% of the manuscripts that it receives.
The Editor decides if any manuscript received is to be sent out for review, after a decision is made regarding whether the manuscript meets the Journal's remit, high standards and style format. (This information is based on 340 manuscripts received over 10 years.)
Island Studies Journal, Institute of Island Studies, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown PE, Canada C1A 4P3. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution: No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported Licence.